Thursday, March 29, 2007

Miss America dumped... again




To my Miss A fans --

Just when I was coming around to Country Music TV adopting our beloved pageant, the news gets worse.

CMT has dropped Miss America faster than you can say "Here she is". It's true.

Accoring to online reports, "The Viacom-owned network, which had rights to air the pageant through 2011, notified the Atlantic City, N.J.-based organization that it will not exercise its option to televise the contest 'in 2008 and beyond.'"

Surely the mascara is running on the faces of the faithful in Atlantic City. (Could a few be sniffing "I told you so" ? )

First ABC and now CMT. Throw your hands in the air with me, readers.
Miss America and her crown should not have to stoop so low as to be auctioned off in some common cattle call - right?

Sigh. Can-I-hear-a-20-bid? 20-dollar-bid?

No comments: