Wednesday, July 02, 2008

SegGirl



We are doing a story about a local family that is offering Segwey tours of the Valley and today they brought some over for us to try out! Fun, fun, fun! They are both easier and harder to ride than I expected. Easier because the Segwey is very intuitive to your balance. Harder because if you lean too far forward it really zips along. If I look stiff in these pictures its because I was! I was doing fine in the parking lot but going over sidewalks and crossing streets was a little bit scary... FYI - each costs about $5,000.

2 comments:

PortugePunk said...

you are so awesome.
are they as easy to operate as they look?

Black Hills Locavore said...

Neat! There is a big Seg controversy in Deadwood (SD) since an outfit is offering tours on the Mickelson Trail which is supposed to be for non-motorized vehicles only (like bikes and feet). All the hub bub. But how cool to try one out. I'd be totally into that too.