Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Days

We have turned into a paint chain gang. The five of us are painting the downstairs hallway, one large living room wall, the staircase, and upstairs hallway. I loathe painting but it had to be done.
There is nothing inspirational about the tan semi-gloss we chose. It does the job -- it covers the scuff and wear marks. The walls, previously only painted in a flat paint, soak up the paint desperately. We must do two coats. I curse our architectural high ceilings. The one wall we don't paint begins to look very shabby next to its newly coated neighbor. I try not to compare them. A previous promise to paint Allie's room like the Disney color swatch book from Home Depot leaves me feeling faint.
Our painting sentence of three days hard labor is almost over.
I can't wait to go back to my real job tomorrow.

2 comments:

bill pola said...

Wow, and I thought my Labor Day sucked!
Bill Pola, Baghdad, Iraq

PortugePunk said...

i bet it looks great in the end!