Thursday, March 03, 2011

Jennifer goes to London... or Chicago.

I'm so excited! I've entered a contest on the Today show to win a trip to London for the Royal wedding on April 29! With Don's help, I made a two minute video introducing myself and why I want to be in the UK for the big event. I then wrote a 300 word essay and submitted both last night. I've never entered a national contest before. I assume NBC will get thousands of entries with much better videos than mine, but what the heck! I entered anyway.

I think I have a better chance of winning a scholarship to attend a journalism conference in Chicago this April. The The SNA Foundation and the Associated Press Managing Editors will choose 20 community journalists to attend an all expenses paid conference in Chicago this April. I wrote another essay for this competition and am hoping to be one of the few chosen. I haven't traveled for work in a long time, so if I end up going, it will be a big deal for me and my family. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

1 comment:

Michelle Choat said...

For the record, I'm totally cheering you on for both of these adventures!